[b-greek] implied verbs in Rom 5.18

From: Steven Lo Vullo (doulos@merr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 06:17:43 EST

Hi all:

Rom 5.18: ARA OUN hWS DI' hENOS PARAPTWMATOS EIS PANTAS ANQRWPOUS EIS
KATAKRIMA, hOUTWS KAI DI' hENOS DIKAIWMATOS EIS PANTAS ANQRWPOUS EIS
DIKAIWSIN ZWHS ...

We have here a complex sentence with an independent clause and a subordinate
comparative clause. Outside of conjunctions and adverbs, we basically have
two strings of prepositional phrases. My question is: What verb or verbs (or
other word(s)) are implied that make sense of the strings of prepositional
phrases? I don't think I have run across anything quite like this before.
The several prepositional phrases don't look like they can all make sense
construed with only one implied verb.

Steven Lo Vullo
Madison, WI