[b-greek] Re: Plain-text-only messages in AOL for Windows

From: Rbsads@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 19:21:49 EST

<x-html>
<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica>In a message dated 2/6/02 7:58:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu writes:
<BR>
<BR>Some others report to me that they're
<BR>having great difficulty making AOL 7.0 for Windows send plain-text-only
<BR>messages.
<BR><FONT SIZE=3>
<BR></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR>
<BR>Dear Carl,
<BR>
<BR>I am still using AOL 6.0. &nbsp;By the time I have patience to downloan 7.0 there will probably be a much newer version.
<BR>
<BR>Earlier someone had posted very detailed instructions on plaintext in AOL. I lost those instructions when my computer had a virus, or something, and crashed.
<BR>
<BR>This post has been sent attempting plain text by right clicking in the body of the email, selecting all, right clicking again in the body of the now highlighted email text, selecting from the dropdown menu, TEXT and, then, NORMAL.
<BR>
<BR>The earlier, more detailed, instructions had mentioned another way through the preferences settings. The above method is from memory.
<BR>
<BR>I cannot comment on sending plain text in AOL 7.0.
<BR>
<BR>Thank you,
<BR>
<BR>Richard Smith
<BR>Chattanooga, TN</FONT>
---<BR>
B-Greek home page: http://metalab.unc.edu/bgreek>
You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: [
jwrobie@mindspring.com]<BR>