[b-greek] Re: EIS POU?

From: Mark DelCogliano (cassian@dellepro.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 17:07:12 EST

Wieland,

A search for EIS POU in the Greek literature available through an old
version of TLG that I have access to, which ranges from the 8th century
onwards, yields NO hits besides Clement (assuming that I did the search
correctly). There is a phase hEIS POU (the number one and the enclitic adv
POU--totally different from Clement's EIS POU).

I do not have ready access to an English translation of Clement--do you (or
does anyone else) have ready access to an English or German (or any other
modern language) translation? I would be interested to see how the passage
is translated by some expert. The references according to TLG are: Quis
dives salvetur 4.10.6 and 25.2.1, which agree with Swanson's references.

Looks like no one else is interested in this strange phrase EIS POU?

Mark DelCogliano