[b-greek] Re: hAUTH in Rom 7.10

From: Steven Lo Vullo (slovullo@mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 19:43:28 EST

on 2/26/02 7:05 AM, Carl W. Conrad at cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu wrote:

Yes, I think your comments below must be correct. I searched for the pattern
in question and came up with a couple of other examples where the
demonstrative falls AFTER an appended attributive qualifier (Acts 2.40, THS
GENEAS THS SKOLIAS TAUTHS; Acts 6.13, TOU TOPOU TOU hAGIOU [TOUTOU]). I must
admit, though, that I am still a bit puzzled by the comma in UBS4/NA27.

As long as we are talking about punctuation, I have another question about
Rom 7.9-10. In v. 10 there is no punctuation between APEQANON and KAI. As I
read through from v. 9, this seems rather awkward. I think it is clear that
the clauses joined by DE form a compound sentence, but it seems more natural
to me to begin a new sentence with KAI. While I don't think KAI beginning a
sentence is a frequent occurrence, I have found a few instances of it in
Romans so far. What do you think?

Steven Lo Vullo
Madison, WI
slovullo@mac.com