[b-greek] Bible Software- Powerful Search Engine?

From: Moon-Ryul Jung (moon@sogang.ac.kr)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 10:28:19 EST

There have been some discussions on Bible Software.
I myself use BiBle Windows. It is OK. But I find the search
function is far below my expectation. I am a computer scientist
who did some computational linguistics or natural language processing.
So I am familiar with a tree-like sentence analysis as follows:

S -> NP VP
VP -> VP ADV
VP -> V NP
ADV -> Prep NP

I wonder if there are any search engines where I type in a sentence or
phrase pattern at levels higher than word levels. For example, I would
like to request: search sentences which have the pattern of the form
NP VP Participial. Or VP epi NP Or VP eis NP or VP en NP, etc.

Are there any candidates for this kind of search?

Moon
Moon R. Jung
Sogang Univ, Seoul, Korea