[b-greek] Teaching Greek on Blackboard

From: Susan Jeffers (susan@read-the-bible.org)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 22:10:21 EST

<x-flowed>
Greetings B-Greekers!

Does anyone have any words of wisdom concerning teaching NT Greek online
using Blackboard courseware?

I plan to use Mounce for the textbook; haven't decided yet among SPIonic,
Galilee, or the Teknia font that comes with the book (might be on the
Teknia web page, for that matter; I haven't looked yet) -- any pros or
cons? I like the idea of SPIonic and Galilee because they're public
domain, but since the students will already have Teknia it might be a bit
simpler for the folks to get started.

I've taught several Bible courses using Blackboard, but made most use of
the Discussion Board, didn't do much with quizzes or drop box or anything
like that, which I imagine would be important in teaching Greek.

The class will meet in person for a day at the beginning and a day at the
end of each semester, with the middle part all online. It's a 2-semester
seminary-level course. Students who want to go beyond will have a third
semester reading course conducted in person on campus.

Thanks for any advice or insight you can offer -- offlist responses welcome.

Susan Jeffers

EMail: susan@read-the-bible.org
Peace Church Bible Study Home Page: www.read-the-bible.org