[b-greek] 2 Cor. 5:10 KOMISHTAI

From: Mark Wilson (emory2oo2@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 12:47:04 EST

<x-flowed>

Waldo's original question got me thinking about the
earlier part of this verse.

TOUS GAR PANTAS hHMAS FANERWQHNAI DEI EMPROSQEN
TOU BHMATOS TOU CRISTOU hINA KOMISHTAI...

It seems to me that one use of the BHMA was to stand
before a Roman official, who would hear accusations and
your defense in a court case atmosphere.

That Paul here indicates that we stand before the BHMA
in order to receive/get paid back does not seem to fit
the judicial nature of the BHMA. The idea of receiving something
seems more in keeping with the reward/wreaths one received
at the games held in Corinth.

Any comments?

Mark Wilson