[b-greek] First Corinthians 14:2

From: waldo slusher (waldoslusher@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 23:43:06 EST

To all:

hO GAR LALWN GLWSSHi OUK ANQRWPOIS LALEI
ALLA TWi QEWi, OUDEIS GAR AKOUEI PNEUMATI DE LALEI
MUSTHRIA

Is the Direct Object of LALEI MUSTHRIA?

What does MUSTHRIA mean in this context?

Is it a mystery "to God", the one speaking in a
tongue, or to someone else?

It seems to me that any language is understood by God
and therefore would not be a mystery to God.

Does this verse say something to the affect that what
he or she speaks is a mystery to those hearing him or
her speak, or is it a mystery to the one speaking?

I really have no idea what this verse is trying
to communicate.

Waldo Slusher
Calgary, Alberta