[b-greek] Rev. 3:15

From: Mark Wilson (emory2oo2@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 23:08:50 EST

<x-flowed>

OIDA SOU TA ERGA hOTI OUTE YUCROS EI OUTE ZESTOS
OFELON YUCROS HS H ZESTOS...

Because both ZESTOS and YUCROS were desirable states, I wonder
if we can understand both in a positive sense.

ZESTOS being the hot water used for medicinal purposes.
In its initial state, it had a beneficial purpose. So
too with YUCROS. As cold (in its initial state),
it was a cool, refreshing drink.... having a beneficial
affect on those who partook.

Can we understand YUCROS in a positive sense? I have always
heard YUCROS in the sense of: the Lord would rather you be
either on fire/hot for the Lord, or wanting nothing whatsoever
to do with him (cold). But it seems to me that since the Lord
desired these Laodiceans to be at either end of this spectrum,
that he was not contrasting positive and negative states, but
beneficial states, which existed at both ends.

Therefore, the KLIAROS being the only "unnatural" or non-beneficial
state.

Thanks,

Mark Wilson