[b-greek] Re: Luke 24:49

From: David Bielby (dbielby@juno.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 15:25:12 EDT

I completely agree that KAQIZW normally does not include the concept of
BHMA. I also am sincerely interested in avoiding 'over theologizing' when
treating the text.

If I recall things correctly, the link was directly made to a passage that
Luke may have had in mind when writing Acts...Luke 3:16-17
....BAPTISEI EN PNEUMATI KAI PURI. hOU TO PTUON EN TH XEIRI AUTOU, KAI
DIAKAQARIEI THN hALWNA AUTOU... . I can't help but wonder if Luke had
this specific prophecy of John the Baptist in mind when he wrote Acts 1 &
2.

So although KAQIZW normally does not include judgement, is it possible
that this flavor of the word was in Luke's thoughts? If it was, what, if
anything in the passage would give us this concept potentially.

I really appreciate the opportunity to interact with scholars/professors
regarding the GNT.

Thank you!

Dave Bielby
Vineyard Christian Fellowship