[b-greek] Re: Durative Force of HN

From: Wes Williams (WesWilliams@usa.net)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 13:52:17 EDT

> I am not sure of how Barrett is using 'continuous tense.' Is this the same
> as durative?
>
> Is there an exception for EIMI, where the Imperfect does not carry
> durative force?

Dear Dave,

You might look no farther than John 2:1, where Mary HN at the wedding.

We had a long discussion on this subject beginning with:
http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/test-archives/html4/1997-07/18499.html

This thread completely resolved the matter for me.

Thanks to b-greek for the archive subject index so that this past history
can be accessed.

Sincerely,
Wes Williams