[b-greek] RE: e-Greek & information discounts

From: Paul O. Wendland (wendlanp@wls.wels.net)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 20:06:27 EDT

Clay--

One thing I have noted, two things will I say:

1) The more information, the less meditation
2) The ability to access e-information seems to many to be much of a
muchness with knowing it and using it.

Example: I used to spend many weekends lashed to a desk correcting Freshmen
compositions. This was at the dawn of the new machine age, when everybody
was beginning to use word-processors regularly. Never ceased to amaze how
the spell check was never used. The ability to use f7 was the same as
actually doing it. That is to say: because a machine could do it for you
easily, it became an unimportant thing to do. Same with e-information.
Because I can cut and paste so easily, the need to process what I've
written, carefully to edit the extraneous and superfluous, becomes a waste
of time.

I've said too much already. But this age will produce few Hemingways, I
think.

Paul

Paul O. Wendland
11812 N. Seminary Drive #65W