[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: 2nd CFV: sci.agriculture.fruit

In article <4t0nk7$ha1@news.co.intel.com>,
Joel Clark <joel@ssd.intel.com> wrote:

>As to whether or not
>apples and tomatoes are appropriate subjects, I would much rather see
>discussion of growing tomatoes or anything else than the flood of HOT SEX
>and MAKE MONEY FAST posts we are currently subject to in alt.agriculture.fruit.

Yes I would agree with you, although what's to stop these off topic posts in
sci.agriculture.fruit, if created?  But, my point is fairly clear. You have
rushed this proposal through, and the way the charter is now will only
cause problems later on. A newsgroup in the sci.* hierarchy should be well
thought through-- not only the rationale, but also the charter. The need
for this group is apparent. Making the group with a durable charter is as
important--otherwise you just have another "alt" style group within the
sci.* hierarchy.

This group is a good idea, but again, the proposed charter has problems
that need to be resolved. Why not do it right the first time?

Again, I recommend a NO vote.

Adam
--
Adam Finkelstein