[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Want money? Here you go!

Subject: Re: Awesome MMF from AOL
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 1996 16:20:50 GMT
From: Justice
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.misc

Thank you for your unwanted and illegal Usenet pyramid scheme. Your
Usenet post has been forwarded to David Medine, Bureau of Consumer
Protection (dmedine@ftc.gov), and to the Fraud Department at the
Internal Revenue Service (1040fraud@irs.gov), as proceeds from illegal
pyramid schemes generally do not get reported to the IRS as
supplemental income. The names and addresses that you have so
conveniently provided at the bottom of the message will no doubt help
the IRS, too.

You have also been reported to the National Fraud Information Center
(NFIC), a non-governmental organization which deals with these  such
things (and more). This agency (nfic@internetmci.com) was formed by
large commercial companies and the state's attorneys general. Their
purpose is organize, classify, and forward "stuff" to the appropriate
body: the state Attorney General, FTC, FBI, Secret Service, etc.

In addition, by copy of this email, your Postmaster has also been
notified of your illegal posting.

Chain letters are a form of gambling, and sending them through the
mail (or delivering them in person or by computer, but mailing money
to participate) violates Title 18, United States Code, Section 1302,
the Postal Lottery Statute.

cc:     David Medine, Bureau of Consumer Protection (dmedine@ftc.gov)
        National Fraud Information Center (nfic@internetmci.com)
        Internal Revenue Service, Fraud Division (1040fraud@irs.gov)