[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Biotech and nutrition

  You should try to contact the people at Seeds of Change -- if you
haven't already.  Their research director, Alan Kapuler, has (if
memory serves) done some detailed research into the nutritional
qualities of different cultivars -- and I believe that he has looked
specifically at the difference between heirlooms and modern hybrids.
Seeds of Change is a seed company, so it may take a few calls to
reach the right people.  Their address is:
  P.O. Box 15700, Santa Fe, NM, 87506-5700
phone 1-505-438-8080, fax: 1-505-438-7052

 Also, if you'd like a fast read on the socioliogical angle of
bioengineering, I STRONGLY recommend "A Garden of Unearthly Delights:
Bioengineering and the Future of Food" by Robin Mather (Dutton,
publisher).
Regards, j