[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The Limits To Growth

l.mcfadden@mail.utexas.edu (Loretta McFadden) wrote for all to see:

>Hey guys -
>You all seem to be struck by the idea of some woman having an opinion on
>this stuff.

You think so?  I did not note where your sex was at issue.  If I
implied that, I did not see it, and would appreciate you pointing out
anything I said that did imply that.

>Rereading the posts of the last few days, I don't see that I
>presented fewer statistics, studies, HARD facts as you males like to say,
>etc., or more opinions than the rest of you.

Actually, you presented no hard facts or statistics at all, that
appeared on my server, anyway.  You presented your opinions.  I did
present some hard facts, and a citation as well, see those I mentioned
>from  the publications "World Crop Production", USDA/FAS, WCP 5-87,
May, 1987 or "World Agricultural Production", WAP-1-91, Jan 1991.

>I do see, however, that my
>gender bothers you. I am who I say I am.

Your gender does not bother me.  I did not even comment on it.  I did
comment that your style was quite similar to Shiela the "Word
Warrior".  I stand by that observation.

>"Word Warrior?" "Female Nudds"?
>Dear me, I could throw a few esoterically condescending labels your way,
>but I thought we were offering our thoughts on sustainable agriculture.

I presume that was someone else's comment about Scott Nudds.  I use
his name as a convenient technique to judge how much fact I can expect
to be displayed in a thread (the more Nudds, the less fact, in my
opinion).  You have not achieved that status yet.

>What's the average age of this little thread, I wonder?

Average age?  It looks to be about 4 or five messages deep on my
display.  Is that what you mean?

Regards, Harold
------
"By September 1979, all important life in the sea was extinct.
Large areas of coastline had to be evacuated...  A pretty grim
scenario. Unfortunately were a long way into it already...based
on projections of trends already appearing..."
   - Paul Ehrilich, Environmental Handbook, 1970, pp 174