[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Senate Passed Farmbill

The Senate passed farmbill, S. 1541, is now available from Thomas, the Lib.
of Congress WWW cite.  It is 215 pages, and takes about 5 minutes to
down-load on a 28,800 connection.  Get it through any web server linked to
gov't sites; go to Executive branch; to thomas; to --
  http://thomas.loc.gov/c104/s1541.es.txt

It is called "The Agricultural Reform and Improvement Act of 1996".

        Many people have asked for reviews/news through responses to my
farmbill web page.  Those of you who have been using it know I have been
unable to update it since late October.  Despite this, it had over 5,700
hits last week alone.  The page was an experiment, conducted from Feb. 1995
through end of OCt., and stands as a very complete record of farmbill
process during that period.  There is about 500 pages of material relevant
to the farmbill.  I did it to learn the web and as a public service in the
hopes some client/sponsor would step forward and provide some support for
it, or some rendition of it.  None have done so, so in the next month or so
I will probably take it off the Net.  If anyone wants to see it stay up, and
again become current with the sorts of posts you have grown accustomed to, I
would liek to hear any ideas how this service could be at least partially
paid for.