[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Creativity FAQ and the World Wide Web

I saw your name on a document I found at an ftp site
discussing the formation of the misc.creativity newsgroup
and creating an FAQ.

As none of your email addresses were familiar to me, I  wanted
to let you know that the newsgroup is alive and well, and there
are three FAQ documents.

In addition, I have set up a set of World Wide Web pages
which I hope can be extended to address most of the questions.

Here is the announcement recently posted....

  from around the world sharing a common interest in creative thinking.

  Much of the information from contributors to the newsgroup has been
  compiled in three "Frequently Asked Questions" Documents.  The World
  Wide Web, combined with powerful graphical browser programs makes
  access to this information easier. A network of people, information
  resources and ideas is being forged as more and more Web servers come
  on line.

  		 A CREATIVITY WEB PAGE IS NOW ON-LINE

  	      http://www.unidata.com/~ucc01/creative.htm

  Point your browser to the URL above and browse through information on
  resources, techniques, ideas, and the latest news.  Follow links to
  related areas, including the Creativity Cafe.

                            VIRTUAL BOOK STORE

  Information is now being compiled on authors, books and publishers and
  linked into the book resource section of the web. Read the author
  biographies, the book overview (and table of contents) and what other
  people have to say about the book.

                      VIRTUAL COMPUTER SOFTWARE STORE

  Personal computer software, whether public-domain, shareware or
  commercial can be useful in the creative process. Read reviews of the
  software, the

  			 YOUR INPUT IS VALUED

  The creativity web pages are growing and the result of team efforts.
  Your contributions of book and software reviews, courses, conferences,
  organisations or any ideas you have will be a welcome addition.

  		 For further details, please contact:
  	       Charles Cave at charles@jolt.mpx.com.au
  				  or
  	     Paul Rousseau at roussea@server.uwindsor.ca

                           CREATIVITY HOME PAGE
  	      http://www.unidata.com/~ucc01/creative.htm

     Welcome to the home page for the misc.creativity newsgroup, where
     creative people get together. This page is designed as a springboard
     for creativity resources on the Internet. You may be interested to
     read the charter for the group, or move straight on to the current
     news.

     Already, the newsgroup has a collection of Frequently Asked Question
     Documents answering the following questions:-

  1 - Resources

      1. Resources discussing and promoting creativity
            + Books   (Virtual Bookstore under construction)
            + Journals
            + Films
            + Audio Recordings
            + Software (Virtual computer store under construction)
            + Magazines
      2. What are the major conferences and annual meetings related to
         creativity?
      3. Who (people and organizations) does creativity training and
         certification?
      4. What are the main professional groups in the field of creativity?
      5. What are the resources on the Internet related to creativity?
         (lists, newsgroups and e-magazines)

  2 - General Questions

      1. What is Creativity?
      2. How do I know if I am, or could be, creative?
      3. Isn't creativity found in a few people, like inventors or artists?
      4. What can I do to increase my creativity?
      5. Obstacles to Creativity
      6. Coping with Daily Distractions

  3 - Techniques and Methods

       * What can I do to increase my creativity?
       * Some methodologies for improving creativity
       * Positive sections to improve creativity abilities
       * Systematically enhancing individual and colle ctive creative
         competencies

  Some interesting Web Pages related to Creativity

       * Creativity Cafe
       * NLP Web Page

  Coming soon:-  [NOW INSTALLED!]

       Thought-provoking quotations for creative thinking
       Affirmations

Charles

    Charles Cave             ~  .-_|\        Phone +61 2 416 6877
Customer Services Manager      /     \ ~     Fax   +61 2 416 2086
   Unidata Australasia         \.--._*<---   Level 2, 280 Pacific Hwy
cmc@sydney.unidata.oz.au      ~     v        Lindfield, NSW, 2070 AUSTRALIA