[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Database of Plants & Their Uses

I just finished the first version of Herbage, a shareware program
for DOS. This program allows searches of a very large database of
plants from all around the world. You can search in 10
categories, including alkaloid and nutrition content, native
range and habitat, traditional uses for specific illnesses, and
U.S. mail-order sources. This program is the result of two years
of research using object-oriented and relational data models. As
far I as know, this is the first program to make use of this
technology for the collection of plant information.

It is available:

1. Compuserve \ New Age Forum \ IBM PC Files
2. Compuserve \ Gardening \ New Uploads
3. Compuserve \ Holistic Health \ Herbs & Plants
4. America Online \ Learning & Reference
     \ Educational Software \ PC/MS DOS Educational Software
     \ New Education Files

Within a week or so, it will be available on the FTP site:

oak.oakland.edu \ simtel \ msdos \ food

- Tim Johnson