[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

US Water News on WWW

From: Heather Charles <hvcharles@ucdavis.edu>

U.S. Water News Online debuts on World Wide Web

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

HALSTEAD, Kans.- U.S. Water News, Inc., has entered the era of electronic
publishing with the introduction of its new online publication, U.S.
Water News Online.

The publication plans to reach a wider audience through online
publishing.  "We are taking our highly-respected water news publication to
a potential worldwide audience by publishing U.S. Water News Online on
the Internet," said Tom Bell, publisher.  We are excited about the
prospects of making water news available worldwide."

Although the electronic U.S. Water News Online will carry archived issues
of their regular monthly print edition, the online version will also
publish stories not found in our regular print edition.  "We plan to
provide stories in U.S. Water News Online that our regular subscribers
won't find in our regular monthly edition," said Bell.  "We though
thisÊwould give us the opportunity to provide additional news to our
readers in an updated, electronic format."

Besides news, photos, and archives, U.S. Water News Online will carry
other features including an online discussion group, the USWN Bookstore,
advertising, links to other water information sites on the Internet,
meetings and conference location and dates, and a means to e-mail
information and responses to U.S. Water News or directly to the
advertisers.  "We think our advertisers will be particularly interested
to find that they can now put their message before a potential worldwide
audience through U.S. Water News Online," Bell said.

All one needs to be able to access U.S. Water News Online is a computer,
a modem, and access to the World Wide Web, he added.  "Since Prodigy,
CompuServe, and America Online all now have World Wide Web access, it is
enabling larger numbers of people to gain access to the Web and U.S.
Water News Online," Bell pointed out.

New features will continually be added to the online water publication.
The URL address for U.S. Water News Online is
http://www.mother.com/uswaternews.