[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bioremediation Group Now On-Line! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 18:27:35 -0800
From: Richard Schaffner <rschaffner@gzea.com>
Subject: Bioremediation Group Now On-Line!

Dear Fellow Scientist/Engineer:

Based on the interest shown by numerous researchers, United States
Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Energy personnel, and
other environmental consultants, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is pleased to
host a bioremediation mailing list. This list has been established to
provide a forum for the engineering and scientific community to discuss
topics in the areas of intrinsic and enhanced bioremediation. GZA hopes
that this forum will be a means to transfer technology, provide a medium
for the development and standardization of biotreatability protocols, and
to advance the science and engineering of bioremediation technologies.

We expect the forum will be a springboard for the pursuit of innovative
approaches to bioremediation engineering. Because the success of the
group will be a function of the involvement of its members, GZA invites
anyone with an interest and/or expertise in bioremediation to join the
group. Due to the complexities of biochemical processes, we welcome input
from environmental engineers, hydrogeologists, microbiologists, soil
scientists, environmental chemists, and all who wish to contribute to
this important and fascinating topic.

GZA recognizes that bioremediation is not a treatment panacea. However,
we feel it is an under-utilized technology that is an important
remediation strategy, its limitations notwithstanding.

To subscribe to the bioremediation group, visit our home page at
www.gzea.com and scroll to "Let's Talk".  Choose the "bioremediation list
selection" and follow the directions.  To post a message to the list,
send it to "bioremediation@gzea.com".

Please direct any questions about the list to me at rschaffner@gzea.com.