[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Web sites, mostly ag

Howdy all...

Apologies to those of you acquiring your mail via 1200-baud rural
connections for the length of this.  Wanted to share these ag and
sustag Web sites. Most of these are from my bookmark.html text file,
some are those that people sent to me in response to my query
recently. I invoke the proofreading gods up front.

---Alternative Farming Systems Information Center
http://www.inform.umd.edu/EdRes/Topic/AgrEnv/AltFarm

---Alternative Agriculture News
http://envirolink.org/pubs/Alternative_Ag_News/Firstpage.html

---Cyberfarm (U IL U-C)
http://w3.ag.uiuc.edu/INFOAG/cyberfarm

Pretty danged cool.

---1995 Farm Bill Extension Papers
http://ianrwww.unl.edu/farmbill/farmbill.html

---Farm Management Update
gopher://gopher.ext.vt.edu:70/11/new-releases/fmu

--GRAZE-L homepage
http://pluto.taranaki.ac.nz/tlbdt/grazel/grazel.html

Searchable archives for this management intensive rotational grazing
listserv; cool pointers, including Owenlea Holsteins.

---National IPM network home page
http://ipm_www.ncsu.edu

---Not Just Cows:  A Guide to Internet/Bitnet Resources in Ag
gopher://snymorva.cs.snymor.edu/hhGOPHER_ROOT1:[LIBRARY-DOCS.HTML]
not_just_cows.html
or
http://asa.ugl.lib.umich.edu/chdocs/agriculture.html

This is a frequently linked-to resource.

---WWW Virtual Library: agriculture
http://ipm_www.ncsu.edu/cernag/farming.html

---NCCES home page (NC cooperative extension)
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu

---The Rural Datafication Project
http://www.cic.net/ruraldata/rd-home.html

---The Small Farm Resource
http://www.halcyon.com/kenworth/sfr/sfr_top

---Successful Farming Agriculture Online
http://www.agriculture.com

---Sustainable ag clip art
http://www.ces.uwex.edu/resources/clipart

---USDA on the net
http://www.whitehouse.gov/White_House/Cabinet/html/USDA.html

---Just today I did a WebCrawler search and found the Pasture Page:

http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/topics/pastures

Haven't driven it yet.

---Institute for Global Communications/EcoNet/PeaceNet/LaborNet
http://www.econet.apc.org

---WebCrawler is my own personal favorite search engine:
http://webcrawler.com

I also have addresses for ESPN's major league baseball on the Web and
the entire (searchable) text of Walt Whitman's /Leaves of Grass/.
Dink if you want these URLs.

Peace
Michele

Michele Gale-Sinex, outreach and education
Center for Integrated Ag Systems/Ag Technology and Family Farm Institute
UW-Madison--Voice: (608) 262-8018   FAX: (608) 265-3020

Baseball must be a great game to survive the
fools who run it.  --Bill Terry