[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

This is the info your Gopher client software needs to access the EPA gopher.
When you've installed that software you can also access that site at
the command line by typing:
gopher futures.wic.epa.gov 70

Subject: EPA on the Internet (GOPHER Server up) (fwd)

          We can be found in GOPHER space under Washington, DC.  Our server
          also provides pointers to all other Federal Gopher Servers and to
          a wide variety of environmental gophers.  Within the coming
          month, we will be putting up a mirror-image WAIS server and hook
          to the World Wide Web to provide eventual multimedia access using
          MOSAIC software.

          We will also open 7-8 interactive conference
          lines to allow asychronous collaboration and public dialogue in
          the following areas: Population, Critical technologies, Energy,
          Agriculture, Industry/Commerce, Environmental justice,
          Environmental Security, and Ecology/habitat issues.

----==----

I'll admit this looks very interesting, esp. the agriculture conference.
If you're not running Gopher client software & have access to telnet,
you can get to this GOPHER (when it's up, & it isn't tonight) from
the sunSITE GOPHER (be sure to check out the sustainable agriculture,
misc.rural & rec.gardens docs & articles archived there). Here's how:

telnet sunsite.unc.edu
Login: gopher
Enter term type: vt100 (works fine)
[sunSITE GOPHER comes up]
Go To:

2. Surf The Net!
7. Other Gophers
4. North American Gophers
3. U.S.A.
48. Washington, D.C.
7. U.S.A. Environmental Protection Agency

For sustainable agriculture, gardening, rural archives go to:

3. Sunsite Archives
9. Sustainable Agriculture Information
1. Browse Sustainable Agriculture Information
5. sustainable_agriculture

mailing list name, and newsgroup name that it's gated to, if at all]

Mailing Lists:

almanac@twosocks.ces.ncsu.edu
sanet-mg@twosocks.ces.ncsu.edu (Sustainable Agriculture Network mail group)

almanac@twosocks.ces.ncsu.edu
sustag-principles@twosocks.ces.ncsu.edu

Usenet Newsgroups:
------------------

alt.sustainable.agriculture
alt.agriculture.misc
alt.agriculture.fruit

Others:

rec.gardens
misc.rural
alt.folklore.herbs
alt.co-evolution

sci.bio
sci.bio.ecology
sci.geo.geology
sci.geo.meteorology
bionet plants
bionet mycology
bionet photosynthesis
bionet cellbiology
bionet general
bionet.agroforestry
bionet.n2-fixation
bionet.biology.tropical

alt.architecture.alternative
alt.housing.nontrad
sci.energy

-soon to come-

alt.energy.renewable

Other mailing lists:
--------------------

>From almanac@twosocks.ces.ncsu.edu:

renew-energy
nc-solar
NAT_MED
ENV_RES
simple-lifestyle

-soon to come-

alt-architect (gated R/W to alt.architecture.alternative)
alt-energy (gated R/W to alt.energy.renewable)

All of these mailing lists, articles in the newsgroups listed, FAQs
and other information are archived at sunSITE.unc.edu and are
accesable by GOPHER, ftp, telnet, e-mail, Gopher, WAIS & FTPMAIL.

--=--

For more information contact:

 Lawrence London
 london@sunSITE.unc.edu
 ftp directories at sunSITE.unc.edu:
 /pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture
 /pub/academic/environment/alternative-energy/miscellaneous
 /pub/academic/medicine/alternative-healthcare/miscellaneous
 FidoNet address: 1:151/502, EARTH*Net BBS,
                  Host: Sustainable Agriculture conference
                        (tagname: SUST_AG, on FidoNet Backbone)

 --=OR=--

 Paul Jones
 Paul_Jones@unc.edu