[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sustainable Agriculture from the WWW

To Sanet Readers:

Here is a list I distributed to the recent ACRES, USA conference in
St. Louis.  There is some duplication from previous postings, but
there are a number of different sites as well.

*Sustainable Agriculture from the World Wide Web*
(Using InfoSeek Netsearch, another WWW searching tool available from
Netscape's "Net Search"  button.)

Guide to Sustainable Agriculture Archives

Search Sustainable Agriculture Archives . Sustainable
Agriculture. Sustainable Agriculture Gopher Archives . Sustainable
Agriculture Mail Archives . Aquaculture . Biodynamics . Composting .
Protect the environment from the 104th Congress ...

http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/sustainable_agriculture.html
 (1K)

Sustainable Agriculture Information Sources In the United States
Welcome to the School of Library Science at the University of
Arizona. This homepage focuses on Federal
sources of information for Sustainable Agriculture, however
non-federal sources
are also included. This homepage ...

http://timon.sir.arizona.edu/govdocs/susag/SUSAG.htm (1K)

What is Sustainable Agriculture?
Concept Themes . Farming and Natural Resources . Plant Production
Practices . Animal Production Practices . The Economic,Social &
Political Context . Agriculture has changed dramatically,
especially since the end of World War II.

http://www.sarep.ucdavis.edu/sarep/concept.html (30K)

UC SAREP Homepage

If you are a returning visitor please checkout our what's
new page. What is sustainable agriculture? . Information about the UC
Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program (SAREP). SAREP
publications, including our Sustainable ...

http://www.sarep.ucdavis.edu/ (1K)

ECOLOGICAL FARMING CONFERENCE

1996 Conference Theme: "Cultivating a Sense of
Humus...Hoe, Hoe, Hoe....." . The annual celebration of farmers,
marketers,
consumers and activists . exploring who we are, where we are, why
we're growing/selling/eating . healthy food, ...

http://www.well.com/user/zea/EcoFarm.html (2K)

Sustainable Earth Electronic Library

The Sustainable Earth Electronic Library (SEEL) is a special
project of Sustainable Earth, Inc. a nonprofit organization devoted
to the creation of
environmentally-related information products and services.  SEEL is a
digital library devoted to the collection of
publications that educate people on ways to preserve and restore what
is left of our natural environment. By providing
access to this valuable information it is our hope that participating
organizations and individuals will share with one
another the ways in which they are making the world ecologically
secure.

Both site users and those who submit materials do so at no
cost.

http://envirolink.org/pubs
Includes:  Alternative Agriculture News:
http://envirolink.org/pubs/Alternative_Ag_News/Firstpage.html

Yahoo - Science:Agriculture:  Sustainable Agriculture

Science:Agriculture:Sustainable Agriculture . 16th Annual
Ecological Farming Conference - January 24-27, 1996 at Pacific Grove,
CA.
A community-based research initiative to facilitate the adoption
of more sustainable land management ...

http://www.yahoo.com/Science/Agriculture/Sustainable_Agriculture/
 (1K)

IISD GREAT PLAINS PROGRAM

Great Plains Program . Sustainable agriculture is an essential
component of sustainable development since it is the source of
food and fibre for the expanding world population. The environment
affects the sustainability of agriculture...

http://iisd1.iisd.ca/agri/program.htm (2K)

Focus on Permaculture

The Sustainable Farmstead . This Webpage maintained by Lawrence
London

http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/Gateway_to_Archives.html (2K)

1995 Farm Bill Extension Papers

http://ianrwww.unl.edu/farmbill/farmbill.html

How the 1995 Farm Bill Will Change the Landscape and Affect All
Americans

This page will report on major Farm Bill and budget process
developments. Our goal is to make major proposals, position
statements, political strategies, reports and statements more
accessible outside Washington. 	On selected issues, we will to
provide a running commentary. Let us know what you like	about
the page and how it can better meet your needs.  Maintained by
Dr. Charles Benbrook.

www.hillnet.com

Boss Hog: North Carolina's Pork Revolution:  The Power of Pork

North Carolina becomes the nation's No. 2 pig producer, but not
without cost.
Who wins, and who loses, when a major industry is given special
treatment?

In this five-part series, The News & Observer explores North
Carolina's pork revolution and the state's 		role as a supporter
and mediator. The stories drive home one central question: Who's
in charge?

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/soilsci/soilfact/ag439_04.html

FARM AID

FARM AID launched a world wide web (WWW) site on the Internet
during the organization's 10th Anniversary Concert.  The new
site is a storehouse of information about FARM AID and issues
affecting America's family farmers.  The WWW site includes an
electronic library of:

-  FARM AID Newsletters;			-  "Farm Aid News" bulletins;

- The history of FARM AID;			- FARM AID program details; and

- Information about what citizens can do to help preserve family
farm agriculture.

http://justicerecords.com/farmaid/

++North Central Institute for Sustainable Systems

The goal of the NCISS is to enhance the educational reach and effectiveness
of agricultural education institutions by building a regional
program including the facilities and knowledge of farmers,
agribusiness representatives, agricultural lenders, and other
practitioners.

The WWW page is a wonderful resource for all people interested in
sustainable agriculture, not just the NCISS.

http://www.ag.iastate.edu/departments/agronomy/nciss/nciss1.html

(++ Lifted from recent SANET posting)
-----------------
Gabriel A. Hegyes
2014 Throckmorton Hall
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS  66506-5504
Phone:  (913) 532-5776
FAX:  (913) 532-6315
INTERNET:  ghegyes@oz.oznet.ksu.edu

<li><a href="http://envirolink.org/pubs/Alternative_Ag_News/Firstpage.html">Alternative Agriculture News</a>
<li><a href="gopher://snymorva.cs.snymor.edu/hhGOPHER_ROOT1:[LIBRARY-DOCS.HTML]">Not Just Cows: A Guide to Internet/Bitnet Resources in Ag</a>
<li><a href="http://asa.ugl.lib.umich.edu/chdocs/agriculture.html"<Not Just Cows</a>
<li><a href="http://www.whitehouse.gov/White_House/Cabinet/html/USDA.html">USDA on the net</a>