[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: other garden-related newsgroups & mail lists

>: MAIL LISTS
>: -------------------
>: 1)  GARDENS
>: To subscribe, send message to: LISTSERV@UKCC.uky.edu.

Established out of University of Kentucky
Member list is worldwide, all kinds of gardening/climates/topics are discussed

>: 2)  RES-GARD
>: To subscribe, send message to:  LISTSERV@TAMVM1.TAMU.EDU

Established out of Texas A&M University
Member list is primarily those who live in climates similar to that in Texas, all
kinds of gardening topics are discussed

>: 3)  MEDIT-PLANTS
>: To subscribe, send message to:  listserv@ucdavis.edu

Looks like this one is established out of University of California Davis.
Member list is primarily those who wish to discuss gardening for plants which grow in
Mediterranean-like conditions, but not limited to the Mediterranean region (includes
some parts of US)

>: 4)  OGL (for organic gardening)

University of Kentucky again (like GARDENS)

>: 5)  MGARDEN (for Master Gardening)

Not sure what WSU is...probably in the US though, because most folks who post on it
are in US somewhere.

>: 6) PEPPER-NUTS (for growing chile peppers)

Not sure about this one either.

>: 7)  CHILE-HEADS (for discussion of anything relating to chile peppers,
>: including recipes, growing, etc.)

Another one from Univ. of Cal. Davis

>: 8)  COMPOST (for the discussion of, what else?  Compost!)

What's WSU?

>: 9)  HGA-L (home greenhouse owners)

Established out of Kentucky...Louisville...EDU means a University

>: 10)  HORT-L
>: To subscribe, send a message to:  listserv@vtvm1.cc.vt.edu

I think this one is out of Virginia somewhere.

>: 11)  SQFT (Square Foot Gardening)

I'm not sure where this is from...but I'm fairly sure it's US based...UMSL??
Intensive gardening methods are discussed, primarily focusing around Mel
Bartholomew's Square Foot Gardening method.

>Sorry to waste bandwidth by including most of the original post, but can
>anyone give more info on any of these mailing lists, or triangle.garden?
>Like, if they are U.S-based, are they specific to a particular part of
>the country?

I hope that answers part of your questions.

Joan