FW: Sustainability Indicators

Hello,

A quick search of the CAB ABSTRACTS database turned up over 80 papers in the
last 10 years on this topic. I have picked out a few that caught my eye.

  10. AU: Freeman, H. A.
  32. YR: 1994
  20. TI: Population pressure, land use, and the productivity of
agricultural
           systems in the West African Savanna.
  22. CT: Issues in African rural development 2 [edited by Breth, S. A.].
  31. PB: Arlington, Virginia, USA; Winrock International Institute for
           Agricultural Development
  35. PP: 103-114

  10. AU: Izac, A. M. N.\ Swift, M. J.
  32. YR: 1994
  20. TI: On agricultural sustainability and its measurement in small-scale
           farming in sub-Saharan Africa.
  30. JN: Ecological Economics (Amsterdam)
  33. VL: 11
  34. NO: 2
  35. PP: 105-125

  10. AU: Hoek, R. van der\ Groot, A.\ Hottinga, F.\ Kessler, J. J.\ Peters,
           H.
  32. YR: 1993
  20. TI: Perspectives for the sustainable development of agrosilvopastoral
           systems at Sanmatenga, Burkina Faso.
  30. JN: Tropical Resource Management Papers
  31. PB: Wageningen, Netherlands; Universite^acute~ Agronomique de
Wageningen,
            De^acute~partement de la Foresterie
  34. NO: No. 3
  35. PP: iv + 73 pp.

  10. AU: Dumanski, J.
  32. YR: 1987
  20. TI: Evaluating the sustainability of agricultural systems.
  22. CT: Africaland. Land Development and Management of Acid Soils in
Africa
           II. [Edited by Latham, M.; Ahn, P.; Elliott, C. R.] IBSRAM
           proceedings No. 7.
  31. PB: Bangkok, Thailand; Funny Publishing Limited Partnership.
  35. PP: 195-205

Hope this is of some use.

Anton Doroszenko
a.doroszenko@cabi.org