Re: Permaculture Courses

At 09:50 PM 5/29/01 -0400, Jasmine Miller wrote:

> >From reading about the courses, the ones at Earthaven/Culture's Edge or
> Occidental Arts and Ecology look interesting.  The ones Toby Hemenway
> talks about doing sound interesting as well, but lately seem to have been
> scheduled for an alpine region.  Maybe there will be some different
> locations in the next months???
>
>So if you have been part of any of these or any similar, I would like to
>know what you thought of the courses/locations/instructors/guest
>instructors/instructional materials or anything I should have asked but
>don't know enough to ask about :-).

I took my design course at OAEC, what seems like a lifetime ago, but was
only a few years.  The instructors (Brock & Penny) truly care about the
material, about the class, about sharing with us a way of perception and
thought, and about helping us to believe that we can do this world-healing
work.  There was some focus on northern California ecosystems - which is
what I wanted - but the principles are applicable worldwide, with the
appropriate research.

The site is beautiful as well, an example of what organic gardening,
sustainable technologies, and Permaculture thinking can create over
time.  I can only hope that my own site will one day approach the richness
of what I found (and continue to find) at OAEC.

Just my $0.02,

Loren

Loren Davidson        Permaculturist, philosopher, writer
loren@farwalker.com   http://www.earthspring.org/loren/
AIM: loren334     ICQ: 65291610
"We have to create the future, or others will do it for us" - Gen. S.
Ivanova, ret.