Re: [nafex] off topic -- keeping cut apples and pears fresh

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
2. Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR with NO annual fee!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9333/15/_/423498/_/969899413/

About a half teaspoon of salt  dissolved in water in a large bowl, then
immerse slices, keeps apples from discoloring.  I don't know if it works on
pears.  There isn't enough salt residue to taste, but you can easily rinse
with fresh water before serving if concerned.