Re: [nafex] QOFEX Quebec, Ontario Fruit Explorers

Tom,

Your contact person for Southern Fruit Fellowship was not around at the
beginning.  Six of us met at Sherwood Akin's house over the Christmas
holidays and decided we wanted to have a southern fruit group.   I can't
remember when but guess late 1980's.   T.O. Warren came up with the name
Southern Fruit Fellowship.  We advertised a get-together in Pomona that was
loosely arranged with the help of Gerard Krurer (Spelling?), the fruit expert
for Georgia.  About 40 people showed up.  After that, we tried to have a
meeting once a year in various areas.  We also covered a lot of territory so
more local groups have developed.  The most successful meeting was in south
Texas called Mayhaw Mania.  John Harrington did most of the legwork and
publicity for that meeting.  I think we signed up 250 members.

There are a lot of folks that are interested.  Just need a few people who
will take the ball and run.

David Ulmer
Sebastopol, CA