Re: Apple-Crop: apple cultivar chilling requirements

Out of these varieties I know Orleans.  It is a low chilling variety having
500-600 chilling hours or may be lower.

Dr. C. PARMAR
Mandi  HP India.

At 09:26 AM 12/5/00 -0500, you wrote:
>   I am thinking of trying a few of these apple varieties but am unsure of
>their chilling requirements.... actually I took a chance and have already
>planted a few trees of a few of them this year...
>
>    Co-op29, NY428,Orleans,Goldrush,Arkcharm,Tsugaru,Hokuto,Reinette
>Simirienko,Suncrisp,Orin,Pristine,Monark,Stellar,Sansa,Virginia Gold,Takane.
>
>I think most of these will grow with about 800 hours but am not completely
>sure....

>Apple-Crop is not moderated. Therefore, the statements do not represent
>"official" opinions and the Virtual Orchard takes no responsibility for
>the content.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant on Lesser Known Indian Plants
186/3 Jail Road
Mandi  HP  175 001
INDIA.
Phone:01905-22810  Mobile: 98160-22810  Fax;01905-25419
E-mail; parmarch@vsnl.com