[nafex] Fruitcake, the gift that keeps being given (back)

Hi all:

You have never let me down.

Does anybody have a good recipe for fruitcake?  I took a shot using a
recipe from a well-known cookbook.  The fruit settled out of the cake
part, so it is a layered dessert.  Not bad, but not what I wanted.

I am looking for a fruitcake that does not have those plastic-candied
fruit.  I want a recipe with dried cherries, dates,
raisins.....wholesome stuff like that.
--

                                                   -Joe Hecksel
                                                    Eaton Rapids,

It is much easier to believe that saturated fat is evil when the
temperature is above 70F (+20C)

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/423498/_/977065024/