Re: [nafex] Re: Are your plants working for you? AKA, Ruthless culling

Christopher Mauchline wrote:

> Joe,
>
> You don't need to justify them to me.  I was just suprise that you
> were unhappy w/ varieties like Ashmead's Kernel which always seems to
> get rave reviews for taste (and did well at a mini-apple tasting I
> did this Fall).
>
> Chris Mauchline
> SE PA, zone 6

I was also surprised, and a little disappointed.  Ashmead's Kernal won
hands down in my family's taste test this year.  (It was everyone's
favorite.  Our second choices varied.)  I've grafted a couple of twigs,
and am hoping not to have too much trouble growing it.

Ginda
Eastern Mass, zone 6

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/978062620/