[nafex] Cheating nurseries

I just got a catalog from Van Bourgondien bulb company and was puzzled at
their offering of a "Vernon" grape.  All that was indicated was that it was
a blue seedless.  They are based in NY and I contacted a friend there, who
turned out to be their supplier.  Seems they buy any blue seedless he has -
Glenora, Venus, Concord Seedless, and package it as "Vernon".    So if
you've ever bought a prepackaged "Vernon" grape from a store, with the Van
Bourgondien lable, that's what you actually got.
    And no, I don't think much of this practice.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, unusual fruits, writing, consulting, more, at
http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom