[nafex] grafting knives

	Pomona article...We had a thread early this winter on shaping and
sharpening grafting knives...it made me think to write an article for Pomona
on said subject. (I hand make specialty woodcarving knives) The sharpening
end I feel competant to handle, its the design end I'd like help with.  I am
only familliar with whip and tongue, so just starting with that sub heading,
does any one have a favorite other than the 'one side dead flat' style?
Contour is a more difficult question to ask in words.  The tip--pointed or
rounded?
The main edge - dead straight or curved up at tip?
	Or perhaps someone knows of a tretise on this subject already I could refer
to.   I'm after a good basic generally agreed upon design.
Or even an all around all-grafts design.
	Secondly and related, before grafting season this year I'd like to try a
couple of my knives with a couple of experienced grafters to work the bugs
out. (no charge, just imput. Contact me privately.)  Mn. Del