Re: [nafex] Re: Southern Fruit Fellowship Meeting

Dear Lostman,

     The good news is that we are still meeting in Florida, but the bad news is that the site and date have been changed.  A.J. Bullard has been working diligently on this and it appears that we will be in Tallahassee rather than Sarasota.  Ron Lambert was ill and could not host the meeting.  The dates will be around June 20-21, rather than in July.  The substance of the meeting will be very similar with some excellent orchard tours.  We should know all of the particulars and I will again put it out on the chat line.  It will also be in the SFF newsletter which comes out next month and in Pomona.

                                  Regards, Ethan

nafex@yahoogroups.com wrote:
> --- In nafex@y..., "Dr. Ethan Natelson"  wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
>      For those of you who like far in advance planning, the 2001
Southern
> Fruit Fellowship (SFF) annual meeting will begin the afternoon of
July 30th
> (Monday) with the scientific program on Tuesday and tours on
Wednesday.  The
> meeting is hosted by Ron Lambert and Ray Jones and will be held near
> beautiful Sarasota, Florida.  In addition to citrus we will see and
taste an
> extensive variety collection of Mangos as well as Lychee, Jackfruit
etc.-
> perhaps even pregnant chads.  Ron will be covering persimmons and
may show
> us his extensive, family owned plant nursery.  If you or your
significant
> other(s)don't like fruit, Ron says the beaches are beautiful.  He
will later
> tell us the actual meeting site which will be within 15 miles of the
> Sarasota airport, for those that fly in.  We hope some of you can
attend.
> Ultimate details about the meeting will appear in the Southern Fruit
> Fellowship Newsletter and in Pomona.
>
>                                 Regards, Ethan

Are these dates firm yet? (July 30th - Aug 1st)
I am planning to fly in from another location and I want to get my
plane tickets early.

PS. Are there any info availible on the past show?
I would really like to go! I want to

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/982009548/