Re: [nafex] Grey Pearmain Apple

Could this Grey Pearmain be the Pomme grise? Among its synonyms, there is
Gray Apple and Reinette grise. Sometimes, the Reinettes' names are
translated as Pearmains in English. The description you give could fit for
Pomme grise.
Claude in Quebec.

A 20:28 01.01.27 -0500, vous avez écrit :
>Hello, all,
>A friend and fellow fruit grower has extolled the virtues of an apple called
>Grey Pearmain.  He writes:
>
> "...the grey pearmain is a very obscure apple.  The Iowa Fruit, Berry,
>and Nut Inventory lists 14 different pearmains but has no reference to the
>Grey Pearmain.
>     The Grey Pearmain is a small, russetted, late-ripening fruit.  In my
>mind it has a nice crunchy texture, and a wonderful, unique flavor which is
>at it's best a month after it is picked around the end of November."
>
>I cannot find mention of it in any of my catalogs or reference books - or
even
>on the net., so am hoping that perhaps one of you might be able to shed some
>light on this apparently desirable cultivar.  Many thanks.
>Richard

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/982621827/