[nafex] Itzstedter Apfel source

In the second edition of the Fruit, Berry and Nut Inventory, I found
an apple variety called Itzstedler Apfel (Prunterkroger) that has the
following description...

"Quite unusual, sweet tart flavor with a hint of almond".

Anyone tasted this variety?  I never heard of "almond" being a flavor
component of any apple.  The only source listed is the Living Tree
Centre of Berkeley (no phone number listed).  I couldn't find any
reference to this nursery on the internet.  Has anyone done business
recently with this nursery?  They are also listed as the ones that
discovered the variety Cinnamon Spice that has a "very rich, sharp
cinnamon flavor which lasts in the mouth for some time".  Marketing
hype, or do these flavorful apples really exist?

-Mark Lee
Seattle

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details