[nafex] Apple Seed Germination - mycorrhiza fungi

Hello,

I am cross posting this message to both NAFEX and the Biovam
mycorrhiza email lists.

I had germinated some apple seeds over the winter in the
refrigerator, and when I had one with a 1cm emerged root, I
put it in a pot with about 1/8th teaspoon of mycorrhiza
fungi, watered it and set it aside.

During the past week I had looked at it and still nothing
had emerged.  However, sometime in the past 3 days the seed
came up and grew a stem 2" high.

What is the average rate of growth on an apple seed?

Not having a "control" seed I don't know if I am seeing
anything special.

Regards,
Tom

--