Re: [nafex] Re: freshwater algae for compost, mulch etc

Hi,

If you have an ornamental pond with fish, the water from the pond is great
for watering.  The ammonia produced by the fish breakdown to
nitrite/nitrates through bacterial action.

Follow up by searching for "aquarium cycle" in any of the search engines.

tom

--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Hardiness Zone 6a

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Christopher Mauchline wrote:

> Scott,
>    Are you just watering from a pond w/ algae in it or are you using
> the "muck" from the bottom of a pond or is this a commercial product
> you're using?
>
> I know that the "muck" is good fertilizer, but whether it is the
> right thing for your fruit trees I don't know.  I use the muck from
> an ornamental pond on rhubarb, which is a heavy feeder.
>
> Chris Mauchline
> SE PA, zone 6
>
> --- In nafex@y..., "sbrenman@n..." <sbrenman@n...> wrote:
> > I;ve been using some pand algae around fruit trees, but have no
> idea what
> > kind of benefit it has, just assume that it must be beneficial to
> some
> > degree.  Is there any hard data or long term experience with non-
> marine
> > algaes?
> >
> > Scott
> >

> > NetZero Platinum
> > No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
> > Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!
> > http://www.netzero.net

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM