[nafex] Poor Man's Fertilizer

It snowed here today in Maine.  A warm, wet spring snow, barely
enough to stick to the ground.  I was in the Blue Hill post office
this morning and as each new person came in the door they would make
some comment about the weather and usually finish off with,  "Yup.
Poor man's fertilizer."

I have always been fascinated by this expression so I started asking
the old timers about it's origin and whether or not there was any
truth to it.  No one seemed to know.

Does anyone know where it came from?  Is a sprint snow really good
for the crops?

Phil Norris
East Blue Hill, Maine
Z4

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM