[nafex] Persimmons Grafted

Hello NAFEX
I am curious about my persimmons.
I have nursery bought Japanese persimmons that have small fruit now
in South La...zone 8b. One is astringent and one is non astringent.
Both have fruit.
I grafted the astringent one onto a local wild persimmnon and it is
far behind the donor tree. The newly grafted tree is a few years old
now and is just blossoming out....but the donor has fruit.
I am  wondering why so far behind? The rootstock is causing it for
sure ! Or could it be the folly of youth ?
As an aside....everything here seems to be leafed out ... but see
some hickories just budding out...they must be the latest
thing....way behind the already flowered pecans.
Thank you
Pete in 8b

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM