Re: [nafex] "SURROUND"

Hi,

But is a "scum" sufficient to keep insect/disease at bay?

I read in an agricultural magazine that rain was a real problem, as it
only works when it acts as a barrier.  It offers little defense other than
a barrier from what I read.

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Hardiness Zone 6a

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Ginda Fisher wrote:

> I went to a pick-your-own place last year that had used it.  We'd just
> had major storm, wind, heavy rains, etc.  There was still a noticeable
> "scum" on the apples.  (Wonderful apples, by the way.)
>
> Ginda
>
> Thomas Olenio wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I also heard that every time it rains it washes off.  Any truth?
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > --
> > Thomas Olenio
> > Ontario, Hardiness Zone 6a

> > >      My response-------
> > >
> > >      It comes as a wetable powder with instructions on how to mix.  It is applied at two week intervals, in particular the prime application (or
> > > prime pest pressures) are just prior to flower opening and at petal fall.  In more southern districts (where are you, anyway), 2-3 post petal
> > > fall applicatons will most likely be required.
> > >
> > > Ed, So. Indiana, etc

Join Audio Book Club today and receive 4 Audio Books for 1 cent PLUS a Free Cassette Player. Choose from hundreds of the latest audio books, everything from John Grisham to Sydney Sheldon.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ongTeA/ZncCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM