[nafex] Saran wrap

Some of you might remember that I had young apple trees damage by a
deer "polishing" his antlers last fall.  Among the suggestions made
to me, one was wrapping the damaged area w/ Saran wrap (which I did).

All the trees damaged did leaf out this spring.

One is showing quite a bit of growth from below the damage (Razor
Russet).

Questions:
How long do I wait to see if the tops are going to survive?
(Corollary:  how long do I leave the the below damage growth?)

When do I remove the saran wrap?  Is there any danger to the trunks
being overheated by the wrapping?

Thanks,
Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

Clubmom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get a free year-long subscription
for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVVCC/YKfCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM