[nafex] Re: nanking cherries

Robert,
You have plenty of time to harvest them, they seem to hang on for a
couple weeks or more after they are pie ripe. As they stay on they
get sweeter and more flavorful and less sour.
Kevin B

> I have a number of Nankings myself.  Mine seems to be ripeninf
right
> now.  Yes, the birds have discovered mine too.  All I got left is
one
> bush that I wrapped with window screening at the last minute.  The
> trouble is I don't know how to tell when they are ripe??
>
> They are now (almost) fully red and the fuzzy skin is now shiny.
>
> do I wait till they fall off or what??

Clubmom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get a free year-long subscription
for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVVCC/YKfCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM