Re: [nafex] Peach query...

Gianni,

I had a Reliance peach on the edge of my garden.  Literally on the
edge.  One side of the root ball was in loose garden soil and the
other side was under turf.  The tree did OK for a couple of years but
then got quite distorted and started leaning towards the garden
because the roots on the turf side were stunted.  I lifted up the
turf and applied wood ashes and horse manure to that side and then
replaced each piece of turf UPSIDE DOWN.  The tree appears to be
recovering nicely.

Del's suggestion about mulching is good.  Regardless of how you deal
with the turf your trees will be much better off without the
competition.

Phil Norris
East Blue Hill Maine
Z4