[nafex] Re: parafilm results

Thanks for all the discussion on this topic.  I think what I did
wrong was not getting a good seal over the graft.  I put parafilm or
the budding rubber, and I didn't notice anyone else doing it in that
order. I also only put one layer of parafilm without much overlap.  I
didn't stretch the parafilm, so it wasn't on as well as it could have
been.  I think next year I will go back to my low tech tape method of
grafting that used to work well for me.

I think I need to learn how to do bud or chip grafting.  How do
people exchange apple wood by mail when they do this kind of
grafting?  Do you send just the buds or whole sections of scionwood?

If I can find fellow NAFEX'ers that can share material for bud/chip
grafts, maybe I'll give it a try this summer.  Here is a list of the
varieties that didn't take for me this Spring.  Reply to me offline
at markl@nytec.com if you know a source of the following for summer
grafting:
Palouse
Mantet