[nafex] grafting material

I have been following attentively the exchange on budding material and I though I would add my preferrences to the list.
I use rubber bands (blue flat and sort of slippery from powder or something)
I wrap with surveyor's tape (bought for a few dollars a roll, they come in different bright colours which can be seen from a distance. A roll lasts forever. It stretches like the parafilm you are describing and Victoria described a while ago the method she uses with surveyor's tape but without rubber bands. I tried it when I ran out of rubber bands and it works though it does require some skills.
When I am pressed for time, I use the different colours of surveyor's tape to identify temporarily the varieties.
To date, I am happy with my grafting results, this year.
Hélène, zone 3
Where the rain clouds have been twirling in a massive circle for the last week, apparently pushed by the cold air produced by glaciers descending from the Artic in the Atlantic Ocean.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Check out great fares at Orbitz!