Re: [nafex] Elephant Heart plum

Just a comment on the elephant heart plum....yummmmm
I have one next to a standard japanese plum name unknown and I get quite a few
plums...never a bumper crop....
In a different area I have a Laroda plum top grafted to elephant heart and
boy, this year both are loaded...so maybe the bees are at fault or maybe you
have to get something like this Laroda grafted or really close to your
elephant heart.
I may try shiro on this other plum to get the tree producing regularly.
I am having bigger pear crops on the trees carrying two varieties...like the
Warren on top of the Magness....helps a lot.
Karl Olson   zone 5   CT, in a frost pocket. :(