From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
To: "NAFEX List" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 4:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nafex] White Currants

Hi,

Do birds bother red/black currants and gooseberries?

I have picked them wild on a fence line which tells me 2 things; a) most
likely planted via bird droppings  b) it musn't be their first eating
choice, as I was able to pick most all the berries (red).

We did pick some currants at a PYO farm, and I saw no bird control there.

The currants I have planted are all LOADED this year with their first
crop, and I was  wondering if I need to protect the crop, or will the
birds eat them only as a last resort?

Robins seem to like my strawberries.

Thanks,
Tom