[nafex] Just a second Doreen

Doreen wrote:

I have a large strawberry patch filled with everbearers and day
                 neutrals--all planted in April.  I removed all the
flowers from the first
                 flush in late May and have snapped off runners, too,
forcing multiple crown
                 production.  The technique worked great, and now I am
being rewarded with a
                 full bed of huge plants that are flowering like crazy
and setting fruit.

My reply:

Huh, what do you want multiple crowns for again?  Do they improve your
production?   When I renovate my beds I usually cut off the multiple
crowns and push the old crowns a bit deeper.  Otherwise things seem s
a bit crowded.   But I am open to knew ideas.

fluf